Monday, December 12, 2011

A promise made.

We all make promises and resolutions and that too with new year right around the corner I'm imagining all of you might be scampering around trying to figure out your goof-up list of the previous year and prepare a goody-goody list for the coming year.Yeah?Well if you are religiously able to stick to a resolution you made for more than May then you have my salute.I bow to thee!

Unfortunately,me being one of the lesser mortals cannot stick to anything that I promised myself or others often.This post is about a promise I made to myself that so far I've been able to stick with and hope will do so forever.

Now thats a lot of build up I say.Dont you think so too?Of course you do.Because finally after all this hype that I create to make you read on further ,I give a very sappa climax.But my dear friends,wake up and smell the coffee.Life is all about mokka endings because at the end of the day you dont find Shah Rukh Khans and Kajols prancing on the street and falling in love with you on the first sight.All you find is a Kundalakesi,2nd std,Avvayaar Aaramba paada saalai stare at you on the bus until you feel so creeped out that you opt to walk the last kilometre.

Anyway,enough digressing now.(Well,I am to blame.I was just testing if my "fractured" funny bone was actually healing :P ) (Okay that was lame,I know.Remind me why you are reading my blog,again? )

So yeah,back to the resolutions and stuff.And ofcourse the promise.You make very few promises that you want to hold on to even if every single thing around you forces you to let go and still you don't.Test of character?More like test of the worth of the word that you have given yourself/to someone else.I am holding on to a few (Surprised?Even I am ! ).

There once was a guy who could make anyone laugh,be a shoulder to cry on,be a gentleman despite being extremely drunk and ofcourse protect me yet not so much that I feel stifled.He always had a ear when I ranted and that ear was reserved for me.A guy who could make my birthdays special.One that has seen me in my good times and bad times.One that could pick me up from the worst of falls yet pull me down from the creepiest of heights.We watched happy,sad and stupid movies together.I was habitually late:something that he always hated yet I am still late and he still complains.We have traditions.We have our idiosyncrasies.We get mad at each other.I scream.He listens patiently and calls me after I calm down.He knows when I am fake-mad and really mad.I just piss him off for the heck of it and he still takes it in his stride.The trips we had,the secrets we share:everything is so special.

I promised to myself he would always be a priority for me.The best-est and irreplaceable friend.

I might be 10000 miles away and not call you as much but to me Harish,you always come first.You were,you are and you will be my best-est buddy always.

PS-Gautham and Anu your posts are on the way :)

Until the next one,
Gaya. :)

3 comments:

  1. Super post ;)Happy to have u by my side and call u with the name "Friend" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nenja puzhinjite dee..Anyways i can't comment on my own post, But i can tell one thing, those memories are irreplacable, and your the sole reason that i survived and got thro college.(keeping in mind all others too) but it's always been U.whenever i think of college :)..KUDOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chennai memories are THE BEST man.Tell me one street in Nungambakkam or annanagar that we have not roamed.Every restaurant,every theatre,so many things that happened in those 4 years.BEST TIMES.Come here soon and we'll start a new chapter again :)

    ReplyDelete